Thursday, October 4, 2012

Anglo-Saxon Riddles

Riddle 1:
Three lookers have I,
Lined one above another.
They give thanes direction.
No color-looker is like the other.

The first is colored like red clay.
Another is colored like the Earth.
The last is the symbol of dying love,
At the opposite end of birth.

Sometimes I’m broken, battered, believed unimportant,
Whether the world-candle is lit, dimmed, or out.
I’m necessary so box-cart drivers can be safe.
Operators can also stay on their route.

Riddle 2:
I march across 32 stone-guards,
Who are lined up by the number of qualities of love
As described by the apostle Paul.                                    
I’m amazed my hair-bones don’t break
For the semi-circle formed is unbreakable.
I continue in a circular path across them
While my knight dissipates to fight of the enemy.
I push and sweep across the stone-guards as
I help win the battle against germ-visitors.
My companion continues clearing the enemy
While scraps of blue blankets cleanse me of my companions trace.

 Riddle 3:
I am inviting and intriguing to intelligent people.
Vivid colors come alive and are constantly moving.
Enlightenment-seekers enjoy my entirety,
But a multitude of malcontent-inhabitants do not understand thy meaning.
Always observant and organized because I have a specific order,
My health-attendee welcomes all knowledge-seekers into my house.
I inhabit an information-house where many are impressed.


No comments:

Post a Comment